Saturday, April 4, 2009

to spill or not to spill?


I'd like to put a couple things out there that worry me slightly. I'll make this brief.



exhibit A: A few months ago I was driving along when I realized I used the last of the toothpaste this morning. Without thinking, I picked up my closed cellphone and held it like a recorder, clicked an invisible button and said "Note to self, need toothpaste". I set it down and realized what I had done. And the kicker, when I hit the invisible button I made a clicking nose with my tongue. I laughed at myself. outloud.



exhibit B: Last night I got a sharp pain in my stomach and I looked down and said "I hope you enjoy these last few days in your warm little home because soon you'll be cold and alone in a trashcan somewhere." I was alone.



And there it is.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's kind of brilliant. Love the "note to self" on the cellphone--are you in the habit of recording things to yourself, and that is why you picked up the cellphone to do it, or was that just kind of a random moment?

happiestgirl said...

completely random... yep!

Jennifer said...

Well done. I hope you've started feeling a bit better. Surgery ain't fun; both times I went through it, I woke up in the middle (didn't see anything, fortunately; just hurt like heck). Hope you don't have to go through anything else like that!

shannon said...

So davey says "that doesn't shock me" and I say, "only because you're from the same family" and he says "i've done stuff like that."
this is my daughter's fate.